I’ve always believed that a fresh idea can make all the difference, especially for moms. And most especially for homeschool moms. A Fresh Idea can take my day from mundane to marvelous! A Fresh Idea solves a problem. Gives inspiration. Enlightens with a new perspective. A Fresh Idea shares a remarkable resource or a favorite gadget. A Fresh Idea saves time.
So here’s A Fresh Idea for Friday:
Prayer Bulletin Board
We start our homeschool day with prayer. I begin and pass it on to one of the kids and they pass it on until everyone has had a turn to pray aloud. We pray for the needs of the day and for our family, but there are many needs of others that we regularly lift up. But truth be told, it’s hard to remember all the known needs. So this year we created a prayer bulletin board.
It hangs in our homeschool room and has a little pocket with scraps of card stock for writing down prayer requests. Not only does it remind us who to pray for, but it keeps the kids asking for updates and wondering how folks are doing. We hang photos up whenever possible to really help us all see who we are praying for. We started praying for a specific people group and posted a prayer card for them. Recently the kids even made pictures of daddy’s listings (he’s a real estate broker) to pray for them to sell.
It’s been neat to watch the kids remember, even at bedtime, to lift of the needs of people they’ve never met. We pray for salvation, for sickness, for court cases, for surgeries, and even for the magazine sales guy who came to our house. It’s been awesome to share in the praise reports and heart-wrenching at times when the answers weren’t what we’d hoped for. But it’s led to some incredible discussions about the Lord and given us a more eternal perspective on this life.
I’d love to hear your Fresh Idea for Friday.
Here’s how to join in the fun on your blog:
1. Share just ONE fresh idea on Friday. It doesn’t have to be an original idea. So many things I’ve learned, I’ve forgotten from whence they came. If it is an idea that’s obviously from a specific book, blog or author, just be sure to give credit. Your idea should be something that has helped you in your mothering, homeschooling, homemaking, devotions or even your marriage. It can be practical or even a thought that has given you a fresh perspective. It doesn’t have to be profound. If you’ve got A Fresh Idea to keep socks from losing their mates, do share.
2. Add the A Fresh Idea button at the beginning of your blog post. It’s easy to do. Just ‘right-click’ on my image and ‘Save Picture As’ in the same place you save your photos. Then import it into your blog post just like you would a photograph.
3. Mention my blog and offer a link back to the main page of my blog. http://www.dayindayoutdayupdaydown.blogspot.com/
4. Copy the “permalink” ONLY from your A Fresh Idea post, NOT the link to the front page of your blog. This makes it so much easier to get to the right post and not have to scroll through a bunch of other posts to find your A Fresh Idea post.
5. Come back to Day In Day Out and add your permalink to the MckLinky box for this week’s A Fresh Idea for Friday. This is the second box. In the first box where it lists “TITLE”…please list your name or blog name or both if they fit. PLEASE NOTE: Inappropriate links, links to things you sell, or anything that goes against the beliefs of this blogger will be removed at my discretion.
I can’t wait to hear A Fresh Idea of yours! And even if you don’t have a blog, please leave your idea in the comments.